February 23, 2005

My Favorite Movies of 2004

See if you can figure out which movies these quotes are from. Later in the week, I’ll reveal the answers and explain why I liked each of these films so much.

#10
Person A: Can you get in the car?
Person B: I can't get in the car, I don't get in the car with strangers.
Person A: Please get in the car, we're gonna be late.
Person B: I can't get in the car, I don't know you.
Person A: Just get in the car.
Person B: I don't get in the car with strangers!
Person A: You're being a little paranoid.

#9
Person A: You want me to bribe senators?
Person B: I don't want them bribed, Jack. I want this done legal. I want them BOUGHT.

#8
Person A: You got big holes in your socks.
Person B: Oh, they're not that big.
Person A: Didn't I give you money for some new ones?
Person B: These are my sleeping socks. My feet like a little air at night.
Person A: How come you're wearing them in the daytime, then?
Person B: ’Cause my daytime socks got too many holes in them.

#7
Person A: Didn't fancy my sandwiches?
Person B: Don't eat fish.
Person A: Why not?
Person B: Fish piss in the sea.
Person A: So do children.
Person B: Don't eat children either.

#6
I know you think we can't be together, but can't you respect me enough to let me make my own decision? I know there'll be risks but I want to face them with you. It's wrong that we should be only half alive... half of ourselves. I love you. So here I am—standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?… Well, say something.

#5
Sometimes I hear myself say something and then I think, “Wow, that wasn’t even remotely true.”

#4
Let me sing you a waltz / Out of nowhere, out of my thoughts / Let me sing you a waltz / About this one night stand / You were, for me, that night / Everything I always dreamt of in life / But now you're gone / You are far gone / All the way to your island of rain / It was for you just a one night thing / But you were much more to me, just so you know / I don't care what they say / I know what you meant for me that day / I just want another try, I just want another night / Even if it doesn't seem quite right / You meant for me much more than anyone I've met before / One single night with you, little ------, is worth a thousand with anybody / I have no bitterness, my sweet / I'll never forget this one night thing / Even tomorrow in other arms, my heart will stay yours until I die / Let me sing you a waltz / Out of nowhere, out of my blues / Let me sing you a waltz / About this lovely one night stand.

#3
Person A: What are the paddles for?
Person B: We're going cow-spanking.
Person A: What the fuck is cow-spanking?
Person B: Well, it's like cow-tipping, except we spank.

#2
Telephone conversation.
Person A: What took you so long?
Person B: I just walked in.
Person A: Do you miss me?
Person B: Oddly enough, I do!
Person A: You said “I do”—I guess that means we're married!
Person B: I guess so!

#1
White women call this the silent treatment... and we let ’em think we don't like it.

No comments: